Tuesday 15 April 2014

Lush virgin! (Bubble bar review)

After yesterday's "controversial" post, which obviously got taken the wrong way, I decided to go for an eas, lighthearted, totally un-offensive (I hope) topic today.

Yesterday my friend gave me my birthday present (a day late, but it's the thought that counts!), a Lush™bubble bar!

It's funny, as I was at high school 5 years and never got a birthday present once, but after 7 months of college I've already received one - thanks Erin!

Erin told me the story of how she told the shop assistant I was gay to help them pick out a bubble bar for me. They eventually got me the Dorothy, which the Lush website describes:

"Our Dorothy bubble bar will take you far from the rain and grey clouds to somewhere over the rainbow where blue birds fly. Relax your body and let yourself sink into the sea of fluffy bubbles and vibrant blue water, and forget about the wicked witches and flying monkeys in your life. The exotic floral scent of ylang ylang, sweet figs and uplifting orange oil will take you down the yellow brick road and far away. When you’re ready to come back and face reality you know what to do, click your heels three times…"
Left: the packaging (which smells great!) Middle: the label with instructions Right: the bubble bar!
I'd never been in the Lush store before, as my Mum HATES the smell (and I rarely go shopping with anyone else!), but when the product was crushed into the bath, she said she liked it. I don't think Mother McGann trusted them as they don't test on animals too, she was like "you'll get a rash!" - crazy woman. Also, she watched me crush it into the bath and was like "when does it explode?!"...it's not a real bomb (we thought it was a bath bomb originally)!

After initially putting it in the bath the water looks so cool, as it smells so great. I wish the way it looked stayed a little more, rather than just being taken over by huge bubbles. Either way, once I was in I felt relaxed (more relaxed than baths usually make me feel) and felt like I could fall asleep. Maybe that was something to do with the fact that it was 9am too though. The water was such a lovely colour and reminded me of the sea in Majorca.

left: the bath after the bubble bar being crushed
right: the bath after i got out!
I think Lush products are a great present idea, as they're inexpensive, but can be personalised (if you get one that fits the persons character) as they have a huge collection. They help you relax and are made from fresh ingredients, and best of all, they don't test on animals! The website also claims they are 'skin softening' - somebody come feel me!

I can't believe I spent 25 minutes writing a post on a small bath product, but I hope you enjoyed reading it! Have a nice weekend.

No comments :

Post a Comment