Monday 19 May 2014

My all time movies and books!

Hi, I hope you're having a lovely Monday (as lovely as Mondays can get), I'm only in college about half of the time this week as I've finished some of my exams so my week is going pretty good. In other news, I'd really appreciate it if you signed up to my newsletter, I decided I'm going to send out a newsletter weekly with what's been going on in my life (as on my blogs I'm quite private!), as well as some fun stuff like viral videos and my book/movie/tv show of the week. You can sign up by filling in the form below, I'd really appreciate it—but if not, that's cool too!



This post is going to be about my all time favourite movies and books, but whilst writing it I realised I have read hardly any books and it's embarrassing. I should read more, comment below some books you think I'll enjoy. I don't really have a specific category, I don't read enough to have one! Just not sexual fantasy because I read enough of that when looking at old women's e-readers on the bus.




I rarely read books, I can't really get into reading, yet audiobooks are expensive! :( Anyway, I have a few favourites...

It's such a cliche, yet looked down upon, book to like, but I LOVE Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov. I think it's super interesting to hear the story from the predators side rather than the victims (not that I hear them often). Also, I think it's sweet how at the end Humbert kills Quilty for what he did to Lo.

The first book I ever loved was Private Peaceful by Michael Murpurgo. When I look back on it, it was probably dumb, but at the time I loved it and looked forward to reading it every day at school in "reading time"!

After not reading a book for years (of my own accord) I downloaded the Audible app (an audiobook app) and listened to Mockingjay. I never read the first two books, because I saw the movies and hate reading something AFTER seeing the movies. None the less I loved the audiobook and listened to it in 4 days...oops!

I'm a huge movie fanatic. I think I get that from my dad, over the past 20 years he built and extended our home cinema, and we have thousands of movies.

I love old movies. Crazy modern movies are crazy, but crazy old movies were reaaaaaally crazy. My favourite was Possession (1981). Long story short, a woman leaves her husband for an alien, who she has sex and gets pregnant with.

My all time favourite movies are Kill Bill 1 and 2. I have heard from other people that it's "terrible" and "boring" but I have no idea why. The story is great, and the action is amazing! It's one of the only films where the sequel isn't worse than the original movie. I watch both 1 and 2, once or twice every year.

Leon (The Professional) is my dad's favourite film. I'm convinced it's what I'm named after! Being named after a hitman—how unique? I love the story and the scene where young Natalie Portman is waiting for Leon to answer the door is one of the most suspenseful scenes ever!

Stand By Me reminds me of my childhood. When I was super young, before I was 10, all of my (rather large) family would spend most of our time at my grandma's. We would always watch movies and one of those was Stand By Me.

The Butterfly Effect messed me up like I can't even talk about it but if you've seen it you'll know what I mean.


Inglorious Basterds is my favourite war movie. I don't know if it's even classed as that, but it's based around the war??? It's really cool to see like an "alternate ending" to the world war, and can we just talk about how amazing that ending is?! I think that might be my favourite scene ever.


Finally, another oldie. The Shining. I love horror movies based around moving into new houses and places, maybe it's because I've never moved house and it makes me feel comfortable (despite living opposite a graveyard)!

I hope you enjoyed my list, what are your favourite movies and books. What books should I read? Comment below!

No comments :

Post a Comment