Saturday 31 May 2014

Share your thoughts: What do you regret?

They say you shouldn't dwell on things you regret, which is true, but sometimes it's good to think about the things you regret. You learn from things you regret. For example, once I changed my URL on tumblr and lost 2000 followers, so learnt not to do that again! What do YOU regret, and what did you learn from it? Leave a reply in the comments!

Some things I regret hugely are not starting to learn at instrument and not learning a language. I would love to play piano or violin, and if I had started in my first year of high school at age 10, I would've been pretty good by now! Whenever I see a good musician on TV, such as Lettice, shown below, I get totally jealous (ISN'T LETTICE AMAZING?!).

I think knowing how to speak another language is good socially because you can talk to more people, visitors to your own country, as well as when you go to theirs. Also, it's good in terms of financially as there is always translation work available, you can even do translation work on the side whilst working another job; extra money is always good.
Me at age 10!

Another thing I regret is not loving myself and not being comfortable in my skin when I was younger. I used to not mind being sad, and spent a lot of my time in self-pity mode.
It wasn't until I was 15/16 until I really started to love myself and I think I would've had a much happier childhood if I was as happy and positive as I am now!

[This is all what I was told by parents, I don't remember anything before I was age 10, weird right?] When I was younger and I stopped using a dummy, I begun to suck my thumb. This caused me to have super wonky teeth and a terrible overbite. I had braces for a year, and my teeth were mostly straight, but 4 years on, my teeth all have gaps between them and I am considering getting braces again.

Don't forget, leave some things you regret in the comments, I hope my list didn't depress you too much!

Edit: a dummy is what they call a "pacifier" in the United States!

No comments :

Post a Comment