Thursday 5 June 2014

8 one-hit wonders from the last 14 years!

The term "one hit wonder" is a controversial one, but below are 10 one hit wonders what from the past 10 years, or at least who I would think of as a one hit wonder! Think of any yourself? Leave a comment :-)

Released in 2005, the JCB song reached #1 on the UK singles chart, and #6 on the European hot 100. The cute song stayed at number 1 until the week of Christmas!


This incredibly annoying song somehow got to number 1 in dozens of countries a whole 4 years ago, wow, how time flies!


I embarrassingly used to love this song. Released in 2004, the cheesy garage song reached number 1. The early/mid 2000's were like the scene/emo phase for British music.


Released in the year 2000, "who let the dogs out", was featured on the Rugrats movie, Rat Race, Men in Black II, The Shaggy Dog, and The Hangover. The song reached the top 10 in 12 countries.


Whip my hair was released in 2011 by NINE YEAR OLD daughter of Will and Jada Smith. The song got to number 2 in the UK charts.


Most people think of "mad world" (The Donnie Darko version) as Gary Jules song, but it is actually a man called Michael Andrews, featuring Gary Jules.


I'm embarrassed to admit I have listened to this song at least once a year since it came out. It's just so catchy! As a response song to Eamon's song, "I don't want you back", Frankee wrote "F*** You Right Back". The song got to number 1 on the UK singles chart.


I saved the best until last... In 2002, three Spanish sisters' released "The Ketchup Song", sung partly in Spanish and English, using the hit "Rappers Delight". They still have a successful career in their native Spain, but I'd still class them as one-hit wonders.

2 comments :

  1. Whip My Hair was released in 2011- not 2000 ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha, I have NO idea why I put 2000?! Thanks for telling me

    ReplyDelete